Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lovely Early Morning!

Will was all compliments this morning. That pretty much made my day (even if it was at 6am); it's amazing how far good words carry me. We did 6 6 6 EDI, which is on the list for Friday/Saturday but I think he's realized that I probably won't get to it with all the climbing my team (Harpeth Bicycles) and I will be doing.
  • Lunge with Russian Lunge: I still leaned a lot and then tried to compensate when I popped up, and I kept forgetting to dorsa flex my front ankle (someday I'll have to ask why that's critical), but over all the form was good. I think that's because I watched him do it on this video he posted.
  • Glute ham: the first 12 were really good, the next 4 were OK, and the last 2 were good. I'm not sure what happened in the middle.
  • Push up: the first 12 were on my feet, the next 6 on my knees, then I took a breather and did 6 more on my knees. I had to repeat 6 because I kept putting my elbows out when I would push up. I needed help on the first 1 of the each of the first 2 sets, but after that I could come all the way up. He said that keeping my elbows in would help me be stronger and use my shoulders better.
  • Curl: 10-lb weight, one arm at a time. The right arm was slow until he reminded me that I was supposed to be going fast. Then it got in the game and the left arm played along fast. I just kept wanting to raise my opposite shoulder. Again, I'm not sure why, but when he reminded me, I fixed it.
The afternoon held a 45-min bike/15-min run brick. My 45-minute route is taking me less and less time, so eventually I'm going to have to alter it. Today it was 11.55 miles in 40:50 (17 mph average). Two weeks ago when I did this route it took me 43:42, so today was nearly 3 minutes faster than last time, which means either I'm doing the flats/rollers better or I'm getting up Lynnwood Way and North Berry's Chapel a lot better. I had my shoes ready and did a 33-second transition (I left my bike by my car; thankfully no one stole it!). I ran hard approximately 2 miles (from my car, to the right, and then two full loops on the main road) and finished with a cool down for a total of 18 minutes.

This is the route and elevation for the loop. The gradient on North Berry's Chapel doesn't look right; even though it's shorter, I'm sure it's more than that on Lynnwood Way.


Moores Lane/Lynnwood Way/N Berry's Chapel/Holly Tree Gap/Murray Lane/Franklin Pike/Moores Lane

No comments: