Thursday, December 18, 2008

Training Log

Mike and Michelle, Dad and Mom, me, and Robin and Jason. Jason's holding the tree at shoulder height--it was small!

I woke up this morning at 6:45. My windows were open (they all always are in Hawaii), and I could hear the sprinklers all morning. I walked around Mom and Dad's complex, and then after breakfast Dad taught me how to ride a motorcycle! I'm definitely not comfortable enough on it to take it out of the complex, but I was getting it down. It's 1,000 lbs ('84 Honda; most newer bikes are 500 lbs or so) and not the most balanced. Clutch and gears (although I was never out of first) on the left, gas and brakes (never even though about the rear [foot] brake) on the right.

Mom and me on the bike

My major struggle was making sure NOT to give it gas while applying the brake. I would, then I would let the clutch out, and then it would die. Mom took pictures and video--Dad is running behind me and it looks like I'm learning to ride a bicycle!

Me and dad on the bike

M, M, R, and J went to the beach (where R got stuck by sea urchins), and Mom and I went to the club. Today was a fun workout. I went to The Club with Mom and we met up with a group to go running. Only we didn't run at all. We power-walked up Palani and then down to King Kamehameha Hotel and a little grassy patch in front. There we did drills like I'd done with Will at D1! Mary was leading us in lunges, over/under steps, lateral lunges, hamstring toe-touches, push ups, and super legs (24 squats, 24 squat jumps, 24 lunges--12 each leg, and 24 lunge-jumps--12 each leg). Then we sprinted to the pier, from where we went to swim in the ocean.

We swam out to the 6th buoy (along the way, I saw a cool ball of fish) and then back, supposedly 1/4 mile. That was fun!

Mary, me, Jill, Noelle (front), Mom, and Gird after our walk/drills/swim trip

We all went to get the tree that Mom though was really big but was really only about 6.5 ft tall and super narrow. It fits just right in the condo.

Mom, Ally, Dad, Cappy, ARobin, Michelle, Mike, me, and Jason on the top of Kaloko at the Christmas tree farm

The tree far was up Kaloko Mountain (4,500 ft), where it was rainy and cloudy but still 60*+. ARobin, GR&GB, Ally, and Cappy met us up there.

We went grocery shopping and had lunch/dinner at Costco, made a WalMart run, and then played Euchre back at the condo.

Shopping in Costco...Robin got a wheelchair because of the sea urchins

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

No comments: