Friday, December 19, 2008

Training Log; 3x30 heavy

Robin, me, and Michelle at The Vista Restaurant

Being in Hawaii won't stop me from working out! Mom and Dad are members of "The Club," so I joined them this morning for RPM (which is basically spinning). It was a 45-minute class, and we did a few fun things. The 2 teachers had us climbing, sprinting, and doing a little racing. The first half, the teacher made us spin off the beat, which I hate, so I refused. We also were supposed to sit up between every song and at other times, but again I refused. Still, it was a good workout.

Then it was weights, which is my favorite.
  • 1-leg squat: I forgot that last time I'd used 35-lb and started with 25 for the first set. Then I looked at my paper and saw 35-lb, so I grabbed that for the next two sets.
  • Lunge: I was using different equipment than normal and was really nervous, so I did the first right-leg lunge with the heavy bar + 25 on each side, but then I took off the extra weight and did all the rest with only the bar. Because of that, I was super focused on pulling into the deepest position possible. Oh, I think part of the problem was that I was stepping with my back to the mirror; I always use the mirror to make sure I'm stepping straight, and since I couldn't see, I wasn't as confident. I probably should have just done it, because I know I can.
  • Glute ham: no weight. Perhaps if I can ever find the right machine I can do this one correctly and use some weight.
  • Standing ham: 45-lb plate. I really think that I could do more weight if I could hold it. My hamstrings were already really warm, and I was really trying to stretch and lengthen as much as possible.
  • Curl/Pushup: light bar (because I had no one to help if I needed it) for curl and no weight for pushup (because I was using benches and had no one to put the weight on me; yes, I definitely need a training partner). 3x30 seconds curl with bar, 3x30 seconds pushup on feet, 3x30 seconds curl with bar, 3x30 seconds pushup. For the last pushup set, I couldn't push up all the way, but I at least made an effort at all of them.
  • Scap pullup: body weight only, on machine. I'm really trying!
Hawaii is pretty amazing, by the way, and if you ever have the chance to visit, you should!

After working out at the club, we went to the beach, where we snorkeled and saw some great fish.

Me, Mike, and Michelle out snorkeling


We also walked around some tide pools and admired other sea creatures.

Cappy knows what almost everything is. We didn't see any dolphins or whales, but we did see a lot of turtles (which are protected and you're not supposed to touch them). We also threw the frisbee around on the beach.

Dad, Cappy, Grandpa Bob, Ally, and Grandma Rita; a few enjoyed some Hawaiian shave ice, and the rest of us were in the water!

For a pseudo dinner, we went to The Vista Restaurant, where they had free pupus (appetizers) and some music. The whole fam was at both places. then we came back to the condo and watched Psych.

Real palm trees; they look slightly larger and much greener than Phoenix's :-)

View from The Vista Restaurant

I really wish I could have someone along with me. I guess it would have had to be Will, Allison, Lisa, or Lana (or maybe Jen), because I really don't have anyone else. Even though I rarely see them during the week, I miss having at least a friend with me. Everyone else has someone: GR&GB, Mom & Dad, ARobin & USteve (who we have yet to see), R&J, M&M, and even Ally & Cappy. But the odd man out is me. Not that anyone is making me feel that way. I just do. It's kind of like being at church where you see all the cute couples with their arms around each other. I want to feel that. But I want it to be in God's timing and with the right person.I sometimes with His timing were my timing, but then I realize how much I do not know and that He knows everything, and I remember how He has worked in my life in the past. I am eternally grateful!

Proverbs 19:21 There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel--that will stand.

No comments: