Thursday, December 25, 2008

7-min ISOs; Christmas!

We all slept in a little, and then I went to work out a bit (I also tried to organize the books on the bookshelf, but the shelf wasn't big enough and I had no labels, so I'm sure that by now everything's back to being unorganized.
  • Lunge R: 2:29 plus the rest
  • Lunge L: 1:29 plus the rest
  • Standing extreme ham: 4 minutes first, because I forgot to reset my timer. Then I reset my timer and did the entire 7 minutes. If my hamstrings aren't longer now than they were earlier I'll be upset :-)
Late morning, we went to Altermans' to open presents.

Me, Michelle, Mike, and Cappy

Allison, Dad, and Grandpa Bob

Grandma Rita, Robin, and Jason

We ate lunch (cooked on the Evo, of course) and played a little pool.

Lunch on the Evo

Then we went to King Kamehameha beach downtown. I was going to go snorkeling while M&M went to WalMart and R&J walked around, but I quickly realized that the snorkels weren't in the bag with the flippers. Plus it started raining (not that I would have noticed if I'd have been in the water), so we 3 just walked around some of the little shops on Ali'i Drive.

The Christmas tree in downtown Kona

For supper, we ate at the Kona Inn.

Cousin Allison and her sushi, showing the $20 a good time

We had some hors d'oeuvres and then went out on the lawn by the beach because we heard that there were some whales out in the water.

Whale watching; Mike was ready!

We could watch the whales swim along the coast, but they were really far out. We'd see the spout, and then a few minutes later we'd see one jump. Mike caught one on camera, and I caught one also.

The sunset was amazing, and if you look closely about halfway between the sun and the cruise ship, you can see a whale jumping

We then ate some dinner, but since we'd recently ate lunch, we didn't eat much. We went back to the condo and watch Ironman.

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Proverbs 25:28 Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls.
Proverbs 16:32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.

No comments: