Sunday, December 7, 2008

Training Log; 7-min ISOs

I absolutely did not have it today. I was supposed to finish yesterday's workout (which I tried to finish yesterday twice), and couldn't do it. It wasn't that I didn't want to be there, or even that I didn't want to do it, it was that when I tried I just felt like I was doing everything wrong. I decided that it would be better not to do anything than to do them all wrong. I'll have to ask about that philosophy.
  • Push up: I know I can do this for at least 5 minutes, but today I couldn't even last 2. It wasn't even that it was discomfort that I should have been ignoring, it was that I could not hold myself up. Then I would get frustrated and try again and last half as long as I had the previous time. I did 7 minutes here but it felt pointless.
  • Curl: 5-lb dumbbells. I probably should have had at least 8 lbs, but I went with 5. Next time, add more. Even with the 5, I just could not make my biceps lengthen. The bench was a little lower than I had been used to, but that shouldn't have mattered. I really wasn't doing anything at all, just sitting there. I couldn't even engage my legs. Nothing was working like it should have been, and I don't know why!
  • Pull up: I really tried. I used the pull up machine where you can put your knees on something to make you pull up less weight, but even with that I couldn't do it right. I even tried just to pull up, with little or no result. I mean, I could pull up no problem, but I just wasn't in it. I only did it because I knew I could. Plus I was frustrated because I couldn't feel it in my lats, and I couldn't let myself all the way down and then pull back up.
I don't know what the deal was. It wasn't that I wasn't looking forward to this workout, even though I knew it would be hard (I like hard!). I knew I could do it, since I had done it before with Will (at least a few of the exercises: lunge, wall sit, push up, curl), so it wasn't that either. My muscles just did not want to cooperate, and I couldn't force them to no matter how much I focused on it. Doing it right was all I had to focus on, and I just couldn't. Ugh! So I just gave up and went to veg on the couch and watch some football. It didn't make me feel any better (in fact, I only felt hungry), but at least I could do something that I didn't have to think about anything.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe after work I'll need some sort of release, and this will probably be a good one.

No comments: