Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Training Log; 10x10sec (w/o manual hold)

I got up early to work out before Aunt Renee picked me up to take me to the airport (Hawaii, here I come!).

Everything I took; my suitcase was almost entirely full of Christmas presents!

Here's a quick recap.
  • Wall squat: 3 sets
  • Glute ham (with reps to arms' length and slight assistance from arms): 3 sets, but the last 3 reps of the last set I used mostly my arms.
  • Lunge: 2 sets each leg. Even without the manual hold, it was hard! Perhaps because it was third?
  • Curl: 3 sets, light bar
We left at 6:05am for the airport. All my flights were on time, thankfully. I had a lot of connections and was going to be on a lot of planes. Nancy was praying for me all day, and knowing that helped me to relax and not worry about what might happen; God has everything under control!
My boarding passes for every leg of the trip out there...it was a long but safe day!
  1. Nashville to Denver. There was snow in Denver!

    Snow on the way to Denver

  2. Denver to Phoenix. There were a lot of palm trees in the middle of the airport lot and mountains all around the city.

    I took a picture of the palm trees for Will; he told me to look out for them.

    It was really amazing-looking--even though I didn't get outside, just because of the out-of-doors I could totally live there--but very brown.
  3. Phoenix to San Francisco. My plane into Phoenix arrived slightly late, but it was the same plane we took out of the airport to San Fran, so no problems there. In San Fran, when you're landing, it looks like you're going to land in the water. That was a weird feeling! I met up with M&M in San Fran.

    Flying into San Francisco

  4. San Francisco to Kona. We had seats next to each other on the plane. It was a long flight, but Mike had his PlayStation, M and I read, and we played a couple games they had brought.

    M&M in the plane...love the shade, Mike!

    The time went sort of quickly, but none of us really slept. In Kona, you disembark outside and walk into the wide-open terminal. The palm trees there actually looked alive...everything was so green!
We were greeted by Mom and Dad, GR&GB, Aunt Robin, and cousins Ally and Cappy, who gave us leis to welcome us to Hawaii.

Me, Mike, Michelle, Mom, and Dad; we finally made it, after an entire day of travel!

R&J came in a couple hours after us, so Dad and I waited at the airport for them (we could have gone back; they live only 15-20 minutes from the airport. However, we didn't know how long they'd be delayed and didn't want to miss them).

Jason and Robin made it, too! Now the whole family is together for almost 2 weeks!

Then we went over to Mom and Dad's condo to sleep. By that time, all us kids had been up for about 24 hours! It was a long day, but God kept us all safe. Thank you!

No comments: