Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Predators Game

Panera for lunch and a Panera
bakery item for dessert for supper. Yum!

Looking toward downtown Nashville from
the bottom of the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge

For signing up to run the Predators Fangtastic 5K on February 4, I got a ticket to tonight's game versus the Chicago Blackhawks. I'd read earlier that the Preds hadn't lost to the Hawks in regulation all season, so I was anticipating a good game.


Section 113: My home for the evening


The ticket vendors assign seats and give you only the option of sitting next to the people you are redeeming your vouchers with. You don't really get to choose your section or location at all. They assigned me to 113 row R, and I think this is the first time I've been on the lower level with one of these tickets. Will and I had good seats a couple years ago, but they were up in the 200s. Last year I was in a pretty similar location, and the first year (2009) it looks like I was up a lot higher. I did move down a few rows after the first period, but overall I was pretty happy with where I was assigned.


Before the game--not such a full house!


Now that the game is in progress, the arena is much more full


I had a fairly good view of all the ice except along the boards right in front of us, but nothing obstructed my view of all 5 goals. I don't think I've ever actually seen all the goals go in before because I just wasn't paying that much attention. Today I was, so I saw the evidence of the Preds' 3-2 win.

I did not do any more workouts after this morning's attempt at completing the CompuTrainer class. I needed a break and took it, even though that means I've already skipped 2 workouts for the week and it's only Tuesday night. Hopefully the rest of the week goes better.

No comments: