Friday, February 24, 2012

Percy Warner Park

I had hoped to meet Anna here today, but she ended up not being able to make it. Thankfully, I had everything with me that I needed to ride and hit the road for a semi-protected ride through Percy Warner Park. It was cold and very windy, but the sun was out and I thought maybe I'd be OK. Thankfully I was sheltered, but I still was pretty cold. I did two loops through the park and then 1.25 miles out and the same back on the red trail. I'd hoped to do the entire 4.5-mile loop, but I just wasn't warming up.



This was a great workout because I was able to practice turning a lot without a lot of actual turns and with absolutely no traffic. In the entire 25 miles, I was passed by 5 vehicles, and the speed limit on the road is 20mph, so they didn't pass me very fast. Plus there is a lot of up and down, so it was a good climbing ride as well.

No comments: