Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tempo Run

The women's race gets under way!

Marathon pace is about all I have had lately, and today was no different. Average pace was 8:24. If I could run an 8:23 pace for a marathon, I'd finish in 4 hours. I don't know why I haven't had much else. Even when I tried to pick up the pace during the 28-min tempo section, I really couldn't. It didn't help that my route was slightly hilly and my legs felt dead after 2 miles. Frustrating.
  • 45:55, 5.47 miles, 8:24 pace (6:19 best), 648 cal, 176 HR (202 max)
  • 10-min warm up (1.23 mi)
  • 28-min tempo (mile 1: 7:51; mile 2: 8:16; mile 3: 8:21; mile 3.44: 3:32)
  • 8-min cool down (0.6 mi—this was a walk/run to try to cool down; it's hot here, and this was before 6am!)
During lunch, I headed to DHY for a swim: 1,500 pull. It wasn't anything like what I was supposed to have done, but after yesterday's frustrating swim I wanted something I knew I could do and do well. Finally, after work, it was back to DHY for isos: 10×30 seconds:
  • Lunge R, L
  • Glute ham with reps to top
  • Wall squat (I made it 6.67, sat there for 30 seconds to collect myself, then finished the remaining 3.32; I really wanted to be done but also wanted to get the most of the workout)
  • Preacher curl with 25-lb bar, altitude drop reps
After the isos, I headed to LP Field/Titan's Stadium to watch Team Belladium win another crit. There were only 3 of them, but they still came away with a win.

Lisa C winning the sprint
This breakaway of Beth, Jessica, Stephanie, and Lisa broke away after about 3 laps and stayed out the entire time. Lisa S took off from the field with 3.5 laps to go and made a valiant effort to chase down this little group. If she'd had another lap or less headwind, she would have succeeded!

Here is a video of Tim Hall of NashvilleCyclist being interviewed. I'm in there somewhere off to the right, chatting with cousin Luke (he's in the green MOAB kit sitting on his bike)

Parri, Lisa S, Rachel, Kathy, and Marsha or Laura (?)

No comments: