Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Team Belladium at the Crit

Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28–31
Today I got to swimrun from the DHY again. Stats:
  • 6:49, supposed to have been about 300, the Garmin says 0.38 mi (670 yds); I realized the different between the yardage and mileage is probably the fact that my arm is constantly swinging.
  • Last time: 11:09, 500 yds, the Garmin says 0.57 miles (1,000 yds).
  • 1.55 miles (7:45 pace [6:17 best], 184 cal, 184 HR [196 max])
  • Last time: 1.55 miles (7:44 pace [6:25 best], 185 cal, 176 HR [198 max])
I didn't have enough time to return to the Y for 5-min ISO extremes, so I did what I could at work before heading to the stadium:
  • Lunge L, R
  • Standing ham
At the stadium, I got to watch Team Belladium at the criterium. They totally dominated, taking the top 4 places, and looked super strong.

Then we all (Cali and Sam, Todd, Lisa, Jonell, Parri, Lisa, Valerie, Jen, Anna, Kathy, and I) headed to Rose Pepper's (Mexican) in East Nashville to celebrate Valerie's birthday. It was a great day!

No comments: