Sunday, May 2, 2010

Flood Pics

I ended up taking most of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off, due in part to the weather and desire. Here's some of what took place this weekend:

Brentwood YMCA parking lot and skate park

Steps leading up to a cemetery and my apt

Railroad tracks in Cool Springs. I haven't heard trains come through since Saturday morning.

Beauty school in Cool Springs. Comical: mannequin heads out on the lawn!

City Cemetery in Franklin

A-Game Sportsplex in Cool Springs

My Zoot shoes to the test: Passed!

BP in Cool Springs. All that brown? That's water where there shouldn't be any.

Cool Springs Galleria Mall parking lot

Pinkerton Park

When the rain finally let up on Sunday night, I headed out for a run in CS to see whether the water had receded. It had, but I still saw some pretty messy places. Hence the slow run.
  • 45 minutes, 5.15 miles, 8:24 pace (6:10 best), 600 cal, 170 HR (187 max)
  • Mile 1: 7:52, 167 HR
  • Miles 2 and 3: 16:41, 169 HR
  • Mile 4: 8:12, 180 HR
  • Mile 5: 9:14, 174 HR (this was a run/walk up the big hill back to my apt)
I ran fast downhill and then tried to not slow down too much after that. Will's advice to learn how to run fast: Run fast. Practice running downhill. Remember what it feels like. Repeat.

No comments: