Friday, April 30, 2010

Psalm 116

The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy.

Even in laughter the heart may sorrow, and the end of mirth may be grief.
Proverbs 14:10, 13
I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yes, our God is merciful. The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.

O LORD, truly I am Your servant; I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant; You have loosed my bonds. I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
Psalm 116:1–2, 5–7, 16–17

No comments: