Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Great Run

Today at lunch I went to DHY for my 5 on, 5 off thru 40 workout. This was probably the first time I actually completed most exercises all the way thru 40, and it felt great. My run later was fabulous.
  • Lunge on crates
  • Glute ham
  • Push up on knees
  • Preacher curl (12-lb dumbbells)
  • Scap pull up
  • Crate crunch
Then it was off to BFY for a run on the trails. I was out 52 minutes, did 5.64 miles, 9:19 pace, 647 cal, 165 HR, but those aren't the stats I'm going by.
  • Mile 1: 8:07, 175 HR
  • Mile 2: 7:56, 172 HR
  • Mile 3: 8:02, 173 HR
  • Mile 4: 7:52, 180 HR
Then I did a few sprints, at paces of 7:38 (0.13), 5:52 (0.12), 5:37 (0.12), and 5:25 (0.13) with 1-min RI. It felt great to get running fast, if only for a short time. It made me feel like I really can run fast. So totals are really 41:32, 5 miles, 8:18 pace (5:00 best!), 591 cal, 173 HR (194 max). I had to tell Will because I was excited, and he really encouraged me. That's part of the reason I keep him around—somehow he can leave me more encouraged then when I started talking to him, even when I'm not down!

After stopping at Farkases' house to help Lauren with her Composition homework, the last project of the night was to remove the pedals from Anna's bike and replace them with mine. Hah! I attempted to loosen then and then called Bill to help me. We tried and tried and tried to get them off. What I thought was about a 10-minute project ended up not even being achievable. We were unable to loosen, at all, either of the pedals. We did manage to tighten the clips though, so at least I feel like my shoes won't slip out. I was hoping to be able to use my Look pedals rather than the SPD pedals, though.

No comments: