Sunday, April 11, 2010

Marathon Pace

I haven't had much more than marathon pace this week, and I'm hoping that next week is better. If I can't pick up a little bit of speed I'll never be able to compete where I want to! I did a little run this morning, outside because it was amazing, 5 miles, 40+ minutes, 8 something pace. Mary pace for me is about 8:23 (or at least, that's what I should be at), and I was just faster than that. Not so good for 1/5 of the distance of a marathon.
  • 41:35, 5 miles, 8:19 pace (6:21 best), 595 cal, 169 HR (193 max)
I wanted to get a true average, so I didn't split at all. Not the happiest, but it's OK for the end of a recovery week and after a race yesterday, I guess.

Then it was time for 3×30sec heavy:
  • Scap pull up (it was about body weight – 28 lb)
  • Push up on knees, 25 lb
  • Preacher curl (seated), 15-lb dumbbells
  • Crate crunch, 25-lb plate
  • Lunge, 45-lb bar + 5-lb plates on either side
  • 1-leg squat I hate this one because I don't feel like it does anything except make my knees hurt. Maybe I need to discuss with Will what we can do in its place.
  • Glute ham at top, 25-lb plate
  • Glute ham at bottom
  • Standing ham, 25-lb plate
None of these was as heavy as I could have, but it was all I wanted to do.

I also made some good treats today. People at work will benefit from my baking spree, and hopefully Will enjoys them, since I sent some his way, and my adopted team will be able to taste them this weekend also after I make another pan. The Cranberry Oatmeal Snack Bars turned out really good (and I managed to not take any pictures!). The Zucchini-Strawberry Bread/Cookies turned out OK but weren't my favorite.

All the necessary ingredients (with some substitutes from the original recipes)
Cranberry Oatmeal Snack Bars
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
  • ¼ cup orange, pineapple, apple or cranberry juice

  • 1½ cups whole wheat flour
  • 1½ cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt

  • ½ cup honey
  • 2/3 cups margarine, softened
  • 2 eggs

  • ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
  1. Heat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 13×9” baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
  2. Combine the cranberries and juice in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes.
  3. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
  4. Beat the brown sugar and margarine together with electric mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended. Beating the eggs adds lightness and volume to the bars. Gradually stir in flour mixture, mixing well.
  5. Stir in cranberry mixture and nuts (optional).
  6. Spread the dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes (this took 30+ minutes, covered with foil most of the time) or until the center is set. Cool and quickly wrap to keep from drying out.
The zucchini bread/cookies completed

Nutritional Information for Cranberry Bars (Source)

Nutrition Facts
24 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories157.3
Total Fat7.8 g
Saturated Fat1.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat4.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat1.8 g
Cholesterol20.4 mg
Sodium170.3 mg
Potassium48.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate20.2 g

Dietary Fiber1.2 g

Sugars9.2 g
Protein2.9 g
Vitamin A10.6%
Vitamin B-67.6%
Calcium4.8%
Folate8.3%
Iron9.5%
Magnesium3.6%
Manganese17.9%
Niacin8.6%
Pantothenic Acid1.4%
Phosphorus4.7%
Riboflavin6.1%
Selenium8.8%
Thiamin11.6%
Zinc2.2%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Zucchini-Strawberry Bread
Nutrition Facts

Nutrition Facts

User Entered Recipe

22 Servings

Amount Per Serving
Calories 58.0
Total Fat 0.9 g

Saturated Fat 0.2 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 22.3 mg
Sodium 110.9 mg
Potassium 122.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g

Dietary Fiber 1.1 g

Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 1.9 g

Vitamin A 10.2 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 1.8 %
Vitamin C 5.1 %
Vitamin D 0.1 %
Vitamin E 0.5 %
Calcium 4.3 %
Copper 2.3 %
Folate 4.1 %
Iron 4.8 %
Magnesium 3.0 %
Manganese 8.9 %
Niacin 3.6 %
Pantothenic Acid 0.9 %
Phosphorus 2.8 %
Riboflavin 3.0 %
Selenium 5.0 %
Thiamin 4.9 %
Zinc 0.8 %



*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments: