Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Swim #4

The lady swimming next to me this morning made me cringe. Actually, every time I swim next to her I want to stop and tell her that if she would start her flip turn just one foot later she would be so much more efficient. As it is, she has to back track every time because she turns when she gets to the X on the pool floor. But alas, I did not stop and talk to her, I just beat her off the wall every time. Next time I'm in there with her I'll look for a time to ask her if she wants a tip.

I actually finished the entire 2,500 this morning! Getting up 10 minutes earlier (and not making breakfast) made all the difference.
  • 300 warmup
  • 8×50 drill
  • 300: 5:04 (5:02 last time)
  • 3×200: 3:22, 3:22, 3:26 (3:31, 3:29, and 3:34 last time)
  • 300: 5:10 (5:30 last time)
  • 8×50 drill
  • 200 cooldown (with flippers): 3:40
The 200s were pretty consistent, and they were significantly faster than the last time I did this swim, which was February 12. The 300s were WAY more consistent than last time, and even though they were 6 seconds apart (ideally they would be the same), I'm happier with that than I was with the 28-second difference.

5 on, 5 off through 60 (I missed 5 on, 5 off through 40 on Saturday/Sunday and was unsure how this would go; I felt great!).
  • Lunge: Right leg, left leg. I definitely pulled deeper on my right leg than my left leg even though I was really trying to pull deeper.
  • Glute ham: For the last 4 or so intervals, I felt like I was working so hard and not accomplishing anything; the weight bench I was under wasn't moving at all.
  • Wall squat: After the previous 2, during which I thought I'd given everything, this one was a major challenge. I think there were 2 or 3 (of the 12) intervals when I couldn't hold myself up any longer.
  • Push up on knees: This one seemed really easy; I don't know why. I even pushed up all the way for the first 3 (then I remembered that I didn't have to). When I wouldn't push up for the rest interval, I needed about 10 seconds to get up and reset. I don't know if that's bad or not.
  • Preacher curl: 10-lb dumbbells. I never know if I'm doing this one right, because it really doesn't feel like I'm lengthening my biceps until the last 3 or 4 intervals. I did it all, though, and tried to work as hard as I could. I also tried to keep my legs engaged for both of these arm ones.
I missed my one day to run just to run and didn't get to run at all today. I was sorely disappointed, because on this day I don't have to run for a pace or anything. But I was already late to the Ladies' Expo and would have missed the whole thing had I gone running. Then I stayed too late (talking, because Lisa, Kelly, Amber, and Anna were there) and couldn't run afterward. Bummed, definitely.

No comments: