Sunday, March 8, 2009

8 mi; Week in Review

Anna and I were able to enjoy the great outdoors today and go on a little run. I did 3.5 before she came, and then we did 4.5 for 8 total. I was supposed to do 20 @ 8:53, but my legs are so tired! Mile times were 8:34, 8:49, 9:06, 7:28 (0.8), 8:44, 18:13, 7:10 (0.8). I wasn't really aiming for consistency or anything really other than to complete whatever mile I was on.

It's not even like what I did this week was particularly hard. Monday rest, Tuesday swim and 5 on thru 60 isos (no run 45 min b/c of the Trace Bikes expo), Wednesday run 7 miles (1 mi, 2 mi, 2×800) and bike 30 min, Thursday swim 2,500, bike 45 min, and 10×10 sec ISOs, Friday run 7 miles tempo, Saturday ride 1 hour and TT race for 3 miles. Then by today my legs are like jelly. I'm thinking it's mainly from the TT yesterday, but it's possible it goes back to last week's 15 miles and then the 2 fast-ish mid-week 7-mile runs. It definitely wasn't the ISOs, because besides Tuesday I didn't finish them. Today wasn't any better.

10×as many as possible, 2 sets
  • Glute ham (8, 8)
  • Push up on feet (3, 3, 4) (no manual hold, and that's all I could do; I seriously wanted to cry because I wanted to be able to do more)
  • Scap pull up (4, 4)
I didn't even try the lunges, and I didn't do the crate crunch, either. I just wanted to go home. I think I really need a recovery week!

No comments: