Friday, March 13, 2009

Short Workout

After reading Hillary Biscay's and Bree Wee's blogs (they are two pro Ironman triathletes around my age) and seeing that they are in the midst of ridiculous workouts, today's workout seemed easy. Bree, for instance, just did a 100-mile brick: 90-mile bike followed by a 10-mile run. Then a day or two later, it was a swim main set of 15x200 followed by an 8x6K run. Yikes! I, on the other hand, did 6.2 miles on the elliptical trainer (1 hour) and some ISOs; 2x5 on thru 20:
  • Lunge R, L, rest, R, L
  • Glute ham
  • Push up on feet
  • Preacher curl (12-lb dumbbells)
Yeah, talk about easy. Hopefully it pays off tomorrow, though, and I get a PR on my half mary race (1:52:11 or better; 8:34/mile average)! I'm aiming for a 7:50/mile average (or a total time of 1:42:37). Really anywhere close to 1:30 would make me very happy!

No comments: