Sunday, March 29, 2009

Since It Fell 20* Overnight

The temperature dropped drastically, so I decided to ride at the Y. I warmed up for 30 minutes on one of the cheap-o bikes while I waited for a couple guys to finish their ride on the good bikes. Then it was time to ride Savage Revenge, a 20.01-mile route during which you climb and descend a mountain. I'm not sure the total elevation, but it was a hike up! The coolest thing was seeing "Yeti" throwing snowballs at each other across the road. Interestingly enough, all the riders were wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts, but I'm sure that would not have been very comfortable had we really been there.
  • Total calories burned: 972
  • Total mileage: 20..04
  • Total time: 1:25
  • Average power: 162
During the first part of the ride, I re-met and talked to Lee, a dentist in Brentwood. That was nice; most people at the Y really don't talk while they are there and it's not the best opportunity to meet people. I try to at least say Hi when someone sits down next to me to at least open the door.

Then it was off to finish my 7 minutes of work: Push up. I lasted on the first round 5:46 but then sat up to reset because it got to where I felt like I wasn't working right. The last 1:14 was a breeze after 5:46!

No comments: