Saturday, November 22, 2008

Training Log; 5-min ISOs; 3.5 miles

Even though it's the weekend and I had all day of daylight to go out and run, I ended up at the Y after the sun went down since I was less than motivated to run outside when it was freezing. But since I was on a treadmill, I could actually watch my pace and increase incrementally. It wasn't the 6 miles that my tempo runs are supposed to be currently, but I did what I had time for. Starting at 9:13 pace, I added 0.1 mph per quarter mile until the last 5 minutes, when I added 0.1 mph per minute. I ended up at 7:43 pace. 3.5 mi, 29:55. It was just a warmup for my 5-min ISOs!
  • Scapular pullup: I used the pullup/dip thing where you can stand on the foothold and have it take weight off for you. I had the lever in #12, which I think aided me 64 lb. I finished the 5 minutes and during that time did maybe 5 pullups. I think I liked doing it this way because then I knew I was actually holding myself correctly. When I do it on my pullup bar, for instance, I don't feel like I can do a pullup from the position I'm in. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and will then know whether I did it differently!
  • Curl: started with 10-lb dumbbells, but after 1:30 I knew I wouldn't be able to do that all. I wish we had 8lb ones! So I quit with those and grabbed the 5lbs, started over, and did the whole 5 minutes.
  • Standing ham: Doing this in front of a mirror is good because then I can make sure my legs are completely straight. I think this one is getting easier, which means there has to be a way I can work harder when doing it.
  • Lunge: Right leg--2:15; Left leg--1:35. This one is not getting any easier! However, I was really trying not to lean to one side or the other OR to lean forward (but I was trying to keep my torso erect). Ay! So many things to remember!
  • Wall squat: 3 min. The last 2 minutes were so hard! Maybe I am working harder on the lunge than I think I am.
  • Crate crunch: 5 min.
I really like the weekend, especially after this week, when I was at work late 3 of the 5 days, missed helping at church because my 25-min drive took 90 min one day, got a flat tire, and had 2 days of discouraging meetings at work. So today I cleaned, did all my laundry, spent some time in the kitchen, cleaned my car, ran some errands, and did not much else. Fantastic!

No comments: