Monday, November 24, 2008

Rest Day Fun and Frustration

Since today is my day off, I decided to spend 11 hours at work (well, 10 if you discount the hour I took for lunch) and then head to the Y. It would have been crazy had my trip to the Y not been for fun: Swing Dancing Class!

Yes, I'm terrible. But hey, the only way I'm going to learn is to let someone teach me and then practice it, right? Hah! Maybe a year down the road I'll be able to hold my own. I am definitely grateful the guy has to lead and I just have to follow. That's not so bad. I think I wouldn't have been as frustrated had we not learned so many steps: the basic (I think I got that one down), the cuddle, the spin and win (I think the teacher was having fun), the shoulder spin (or something like that), and perhaps one more? Yikes. It only ended 30 minutes ago and I can't even remember everything! I guess I'll have to go back for more next time.

No comments: