Warmup was an hour of racquetball, during which I lost all 3 doubles games I played. At least this week was better than last week, and I could actually contribute a few points (and not make all the errors). Then it was the fun stuff!
- Lunge right, then left: I lasted at least 2 minutes on both without having to take weight off, and I was able to actually pop up after each 30-second interval. I know not having someone push me while I was working helped me have strength to push up. I tried to work like I was pushing against someone, but it's not quite the same as having someone there.
- Glute ham raise: I wish I could have been paying attention to the people around me, since I was pretty much in the middle of the floor of the Y during peak time. If I were them, I'd have been wondering what I was doing!
- Wall squat: This was the best--I lasted the entire 5 minutes without falling! I never hit the floor, barely even went down until the last interval, and I popped up and quickly back down for each interval. My legs were tired after, though!
- Push up: I did this on my knees, and like the lunges, I could actually push up some every time. I was really trying to focus on just pushing up immediately, not shrugging my shoulders or anything. I didn't get all the way up every time, but I at least moved each time.
- Curl: 30-lb bar. Until I practice the altitude drop curl, I'm not brave enough to try it with so many people around. Plus I'm sure I'd need a lighter bar, but I can't do this one with a lighter bar because I don't have anyone to push against. The encouraging this is that I could lift the bar to put it away. Actually, I just made myself do it.
- Crate crunch: Another fun one!