Thursday, November 27, 2008

Training Log; 4 miles

I'm visiting my aunt and uncle this weekend, so I just decided to do a loop around their neighborhood.
  • Temperature: 35 at start, 40 at finish. Too bad I didn't wait another half hour to start or I would have enjoyed fairly decent temps the whole time. Even still, it only took me about 1.5 miles to warm up; earlier this week, it took 4. We're making progress....
  • Mile 1: 8:06.79
  • Mile 2: 7:53.06
  • Mile 3: 7:39.19
  • Mile 4: 7:50.58
  • Total time: 31:29.62
  • Average mile time: 7:52.50 (two miles: within a second of this time; the other two: 14 seconds and 13 seconds)

I'm really feeling my hamstrings today. So does that mean I've been doing glute ham raises wrong, or I just worked harder yesterday doing the reps to arm's length and having Will there? I wish I could figure out why my mile times are so spread out (difference: ~26 seconds). I know the first mile or so was mostly uphill and warmup, but still. Should there be that much of a difference?

Came home and stretched (definitely stretching the hamstrings). My knee didn't hurt at all today, but I do wish I had a foam roller to loosen it up at all. It's weird, though, that the outsides of both legs (by my knees) are like numb. Not really, because I can still feel them, but they definitely feel weird to the touch.

No comments: