Thursday, November 11, 2010

Training

After a beautiful midday walk, Valerie and I headed to MFY for a quick workout. Before she got there I did a 10-minute run/walk thing that made me realize how tired my legs really are. It's amazing what 30 miles over 24 hours will do! This workout is only slightly challenging as written, but I do my best to make it more challenging by doing things fast and aggressively. For everything, we did around 2 sets of 10 except where otherwise noted.

  • Squat: 85lb—still could probably add a little more
  • Lunge: 15lb, quick-style (my legs were definitely fatigued from this weekend!)
  • Step up: 15lb
  • Step over
  • Push up
  • Triceps push up (we alternated 10 push ups, 10 triceps push ups, repeat)
  • Inverted pull up (palms facing)
  • Single-arm row: 15-lb dumbbell, 6×3 rebounds
  • Alphabet
  • Plank: 1 set, front, side, side, back, 50 sec each
  • Crate crunch: 30 quick-style
  • Take aways
  • Reverse
  • Crate crunch: 30 seconds
  • Repeat plank, crunch, take aways, reverse, and jack knife

Found some great deals at Publix this week and got a few comments on the 8 bags of chocolate chips I bought. But all the groceries together plus tax cost me less than those bags would have cost at full price. The only downside was that the MF Publix didn't have tons of peelies and tearpads like they normally do and it wasn't like Christmas. I'll just have to go back later this week to coupon hunt.

No comments: