Monday, November 22, 2010

One of the Hardest Workouts Ever

Tonight I made Anna do with me one of Will's hardest workouts: 5 on, 5 off thru 60. When I pulled the workout's post-it off my wall, I thought it was thru 40 (with thru 60 being Wednesday's workout). When I looked at it as I was walking into the Y, I realized that it was thru 60 (with thru 40 being Wednesday's workout) and knew that it was going to be brutal for both of us. For me because I know it's hard, and for Anna because she had no idea what she was getting into. But she was a trooper and did super well, nearly putting me to shame with her ability to push through everything.

I've realized that I really enjoy doing these workouts with others. It makes me really think about what I'm doing, makes me do so much better, keeps me accountable, forces me to focus, and gives me the chance to help some other people. I just hope I haven't scared Cali and Anna away from them all--maybe the variety will draw them back.


  • Wall squat
  • Standing ham
  • Lunge R, L
  • Push up (we did wall push up)
  • Curl, 10lb dumbbells
  • Crate crunch

It took around 1:15 to do all this, even though the work time is 390 seconds (6.5 minutes) and the rest time is 55 seconds: 7:25 total per exercise, which adds up to 51:55 total. But Anna knows so many people at the Y and since I wouldn't let her chat while we were working, we used the in-between times to chat.

It was also beautiful outside tonight, full moon, 65*, and amazing. I had to run to Farkases' to drop of some Qs, but as soon as I got home I went out for a walk with God. It was so peaceful and nice.

No comments: