Fridays are kind of the midweek for me, with long rides on Saturdays and long runs on Sundays, and today was not an exception to the midweek fatigue I felt last week during a significantly longer week. But I did the swimrun and accomplished another thing on my list also: Getting my car’s emissions tested (it passed, thankfully), which means I now must pay the city to let me drive it legally.
I went to BFY to complete the swim:
- 350 warm up
- 8×25 drill (lots of kicking with no kickboard just to make my legs work; already they were dragging)
- 5×150@15sec 50build/25descend (I had nothing to build to and thus nowhere to descend to; I felt like I was working at max arm and leg capacity the entire time and not really going anywhere. Talk about frustrating!): 2:19.97, 2:28.54, 2:29.74, 2:29.14, 2:28.96
- 8×25@20sec sprint (here I could actually go somewhat fast, or at least comparable to how fast my other sprints have been): 18.20, 18.80, 18.99, 18.53, 18.85, 18.76, 18.68, 18.94
- 350 cool down (I did 150 only)
- 1 hour on the nose (+2 minutes of cool down after), 16.52 miles, 16.5 average (27.0 max), 139 HR (170 max), 951 cal