Today is spring break for some schools, so that meant no CompuTrainer class. I do best when I stick with a schedule, tho, so instead of sleeping in I got up early, headed to BFY, and did 2 sets of 6-6-6 EDI:
- Lunge with RL, rest/recover between legs: 6 RL, 6 reg, 6 RL, rest, all 18 reg. My quads just are not cooperating!
- Glute ham, reps to the top: first 18 to top, second 18 to arm's length. The setup here just isn't conducive to reps to the top—I really need to find a facility with a glute ham stand!
- Squat with stick: I did not go all the way down for the hold or the reps, but I did regular squat as prescribed, not wall squat like I wanted to do.
- Bench press: 30-lb bar
- Curl with rebound reps: 10-or-so-pound bar
- Plate front delt: 10-lb plate
- Crate crunch
I went back to DHY for a lunchtime run on the path. I went the opposite direction at the fork and challenged myself with a couple big hills. The reward: Running along the river. It was beautiful. And slow. I finished just 4 miles in the 35 minutes.
- 38 minutes, 4.15 miles, 9:09 pace (6:41 best), 494 cal, 162 HR (232 max—not quite!)
- Up the front side of the big hill: 2:24, 0.23 mi, 10:27 pace, 167 HR
- Down the back side of same: 1:45, 0.22 miles, 8:05 pace, 163 HR
- Up the back side of same hill: 2:12, 0.21 miles, 10:19 pace, 171 HR
- Down the front side of same: 1:34, 0.20 miles, 7:49 pace, 170 HR
- 1 hour, 18.05 miles, 18mph (31.3 max), 1,090 cal, 148 HR (174 max)