Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Off!

Today I took completely off. It was fabulous. I worked in the morning, went grocery shopping, and then did a little baking. I wanted pizza so I made some. Unfortunately I forgot a critical ingredient.

Who forgets cheese on pizza?

I watched a little Monk and made some banana bread (Bree's recipe). I must have done something differently for this batch because it tasted and baked way better than the last one. I made sure that the coconut oil was melted/not chunky, and I covered the bread for the first 45 minutes before I uncovered it for 5 and then recovered it for the last 10 (60 minutes at 350*). I also put the flexible pan into the glass pan, and that helped the loaf keep its shape. It's super heavy, though!

Bree's Banana Bread

5 soft mashed bananas
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1–2 pinches sea salt
5–6 good shakes of cinnamon (I didn't put enough in; I can't taste it in the bread at all)
2 cups flour (I used wheat, but any is fine; Bree uses spelt)

Mix bananas and oil. Add in vanilla, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir. Mix in flour. Bake at 350* for 45–60 minutes.

No comments: