Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Off (Again!)

I think I'm going to learn patience. And mental strength. I get antsy and like to be doing something. Even on my day off, even when my legs need a rest. Will is patient, and I've asked him to teach me patience. I have been praying for patience, too, and God is definitely teaching me to wait and rely on Him for everything. Sometimes I hate waiting, but I always love being in communion with God and His teaching me to rely on Him helps me stay in communion with Him—as long as I let it, that is.

Today Will said to do this breathing exercise where I inhale for 1 count, exhale for 1 count, inhale for 2, exhale for 2, and continue through 20 inhale, 20 exhale. I did it and tried to be patient. I even turned off the radio so I could concentrate. And I visualized the course. I don't think I'll learn to be patient in one night, but I can definitely make strides toward it. Oh, and he counseled me to start visualizing and praying. As if I haven't been for the last 6 months!

No comments: