Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last Long Ride 'Til Race Day!

Lovely tan lines...outside ones are from my tri shirt (ride) and inside ones (perpetual racer-back tan lines) are from my sports bra (run)


More perpetual tan lines, these from the bike shorts and spandex

Sunrise on the way to Louisville!


The first milestone I've captured on my PT Cruiser's odometer

Today was a very long day. In fact, I'm not sure why I'm still awake, but I'm headed to bed soon! I woke up super early today to head to L'ville to ride and run part of the race course. It's the last long weekend of training, and I had to take advantage of it. I didn't get the full 6-hour ride in, but 80 miles solo was hard enough!
  • Multisport Totals: 5:43:33; 84.51 miles; 139 HR; 5,028 cal
  • Ride: 5:01:00; 81.08 miles; 16.1 average; 140 HR (168 max)
  • Run: 42 min; 3.43 miles; 12:17 pace; 155 HR. I ran a bit but forgot my hammer gel. I had some water, but that wasn't enough after my ride and it was getting hot. After the first lap (12:22; 1.48 mi; 8:23 pace), I ran a block, walked a block, repeated for a while, and then walked around the great lawn/park area.
  • Nutrition:
    • Liquid:
      • Four 24-oz and five 16-oz bottles of water (2 16-oz bottles were on the run) = 166 oz
      • 12 of those were G2 Gatorade mixed in the second water bottle)
      • I drank something every 15 minutes until 3:45 when I ran out of water.
      • I stopped at 4:15 to fill up my water bottles and then continued drinking as I had been during the last 45 minutes.
      • When I stopped for water, I used the bathroom but didn't really need to.
    • Substance:
      • 1 serving apricots/almonds/raisins (~400 cal) split between 30 minutes and 60 minutes in.
      • 2 oats and honey Nutrigrain bars (180 cal) 2 hours in.
      • 1 peanut butter PowerBar 3:45 in (~180 cal)
      • 4 electrolyte tabs; 2 at 1:30 and 2 at 4:15.
    • Post Workout:
      • 10–12 oz banana/protein smoothie, 32 oz water, 12 oz Diet Coke, carrots, celery, chicken, and a peach.
      • Then I ate some cheese, drank more water, and had a couple cookies before church.
My HR was in my aerobic zone nearly all of my ride (that's good!) but I felt super slow and very inefficient. In fact, I tired much sooner (like 20 miles in) and really had to mentally work to complete the entire thing.

I was hoping to walk around the downtown area but decided to shower at the downtown Y and then head back so that I could get to church. But I got a good talk in with Lana on the drive back, so the timing was great.

I'm glad I went to church tonight; it's a much smaller crowd, and Dr. Easley's teaching on Psalm 38 was excellent. Gigi wrote a beautiful paraphrase of the psalm, from her perspective as a mother, and read that for us all. I felt like I was at home at church. Then I met Joe (who's wife is Dawn, but she wasn't there tonight). Came home, had some supper, got my mail (boring!), watched some Monk and baked some cookies, and now am heading to bed!

M-dot pepperoni pizza

I didn't feel like making supper, so I stopped at Publix on my way home from church. I had pepperoni at home, so I got the cheese pizza and had fun with the fixings.

No comments: