Sunday, August 9, 2009

Last Long Run'Til Race Day!

Oh, it feels so good to be done with the last long weekend until race day. Today was hard after yesterday, and I didn't succeed in completing the entire long run. I hope I don't suffer during the marathon!
  • Ride totals: 1:20; 22.31 miles; 16.6 mph (this was supposed to be a high-cadence ride, and I wasn't looking at my speed or HR really at all); 1,275 calories; 142 HR.
Today didn't have to be a brick day, so after my ride I came home and did my dishes and got ready to run. I drove to my run spot because I didn't want to run too many hills. I wanted to do two loops, but I ended up doing only one because it was HOT (only about 90+ degrees and super humid).
  • Run totals: 1:17; 7.71 miles; 891 cal; 9:59 pace; 162 HR
  • Lap 1: 43:13; 5 miles; 8:38 pace; 169 HR; this I ran from Fieldstone Farms down to Cotton Lane to Del Rio; water every mile after mile 3 and hammer gel during this water stop
  • The remaining laps were water stops, running 1.75 mi (8:54 pace and 165 HR), and walking around the park.
Then I went to the Y to sit and read. I did and did not want to do my 100 altitude drops and had forgotten the exercises. I didn't get them before I left, so I decided not to do it. Then I got home, had some supper, and changed my mind. I wanted the mental exercise of working hard while tired. I did well. I was thinking about doing each one as if it were the only one and even though the radio was on, I was focused.
  • Push up: This time, it took only 9 minutes (last time was 10) and I was really trying to stop myself hard.
  • Curl: light bar. I actually got the altitude drop, not rebound, this time. The difference, I decided, is not bringing the bar back up immediately; it's catching the bar and holding for a second, then returning to the top to start the next rep.
  • Glute ham: I couldn't remember what to do here to make it different than the push up, so I did 5 minutes ISO extreme. And I worked as hard as I could the entire time—no pacing!
  • Wall squat: By far the hardest, even though I can do this continuously for 5 minutes. But I did it. Well.
Finally I'm done. And exhausted. I wish it were time for bed.

Today for fun I bought 4 newspapers. The Publix penny item was Publix pizza and costs $5 if I were to just buy one. Instead, I bought 4 newspapers at $0.99, had to buy my regular groceries and then got a few other things to equal $10 (before coupons) for each trip, and went to the store multiple times. I now have 3 pizzas in my freezer (back for another one tomorrow) that cost me a penny each, and one of them would have cost more than all the papers combined! What a good deal!

No comments: