Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Treadmill and Trainer

Today's crit race was cancelled, so I went to MFY to run on the treadmill.
  • 31:36 total time; 168 HR (187 max)
  • 3.7 mi total
  • Mile 1: 8:55
  • Mile 2: 8:05
  • Mile 3: 7:45
  • Through 3.7: 5:15
  • Cool down: 1:36
Now that was a tempo run!

I had to stop at the grocery store, so I made a mid-workout run to Publix. Then I hit the trainer at home because of the rain.
  • 31:36 total time; 141 HR (163 max)
  • I have no idea how far I rode or how fast, but I did do a few sprints and I clocked my cadence at 98 twice.
Then I went out to read at my favorite spot in the neighborhood.

But instead of reading, I talked to Will, who was trying to reason me out of being disappointed when I don't win. He doesn't like my philosophy of thinking I'm not going to win any race this year but then being happy if I do. Supposedly "disappointed" has a negative connotation. This boy makes me think. And challenges me. And makes me want to know God more. I don't know why or how. When I told him my story about my car, he asked me if I'd tried casting out demons. I hadn't even thought of that. I know that spiritual warfare is continually going on, but it's not something I think about often. I immediately turned to the practical side: that something must be wrong with my car. Although I wasn't thinking that someone or something spiritual could have been causing the problems, it is entirely possible.

No comments: