Friday, July 24, 2009

Breakfast Potluck at Work...

The sunrise

Sunrise 2

Sunrise 3

We had a potluck breakfast at work today. Here are some photos. I think we blew 2 fuses.

Delana, Sara, and Lisa getting everything ready

Kelson frying up some eggs, with Delana's omelet-cooking station next to him

This is what I ate/drank during my 2+-h ride and 1-h run: at least 70 oz...that's when you know you're dehydrated before you even start!

I ate some good eggs and toast for breakfast, but it evidently wasn't enough, because I was feeling blah during my workout. Of course, that might have something to do with my arms being crazy sore and my legs being crazy tired. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

My shoes and HRM, which got me through the riderun even when I didn't want to continue

Today I felt neither fast nor strong. In fact, I felt slow and weak, frustrated, and disappointed. I started out with the wind and was therefore riding slow, slower, and slower still. Then when I turned into the wind I felt like I had nothing left to give. It was 2:02:47, 33.54 miles, 16.4 mph, 1,955 cal, 142 HR.

My run was rough and I don't even want to record it, but it was 22:42, 2.39 miles; 6:41, 0.62 miles; stop at Y for bathroom/water/massage with roller thing; 19:37, 1.69 miles. I did not make the entire hour, unless you count in my stop at the Y. Ouch.

After that, I spent some time at the pool, chatting with Whitney S, one of my neighbors. Hopefully she can get me a deal on a massage at her spa...

No comments: