Friday, July 3, 2009

Run (no swim); shopping with the fam!

Today I learned that I can run 7.9 miles (exactly how far I went on Tuesday when afterward I said I think I can do another 5 at this pace) before I need food and 9 miles before I can't run any more with no food. I hit mile 8 on my second of two 6-mile loops and hit a physical wall. At mile 6, I had a bottle of water (from which I drank) and a little thing of honey (from which I'd intended to eat). I had them both outside by the sign (in the shade), but before I could get to the honey, the ants did. So I forgot it and continued on, thinking I'd be OK (I felt fine then!). Bad idea. Here are the stats from the run.
  • Totals: 1:50:23; 11.60 miles; 9:31 pace; 1,317 calories; 140 average HR
  • Lap 1: 47:39; 5.80 miles, 8:13 pace; 163 HR
  • Drink break: 31 seconds
  • Lap 2 : 17:43; 2.05 miles, 8:39 pace, 135 HR
  • Lap 3 + (here's where it started getting ugly; I ended up with 12 laps!): 10:36, 1.15 miles, 9:14 pace, 137 HR, and then I pretty much runwalked the remaining 35 minutes, 2.6 miles in
Before I got some food, I weighed myself. Even after drinking my 20oz bottle during/after running, I was down 4 pounds, which is a little over 3% body weight. Then I got some food—I had brought a protein smoothie, which I quickly ate. Then I drank another 32 ounces of water and was down another 0.2 pounds. Yikes. Then I had some veggies and almonds a little later. I'm glad I ate that then, at 10 or so, because we ended up not eating lunch until 2pm. I went over to Farkases and then we, along with GR and GB, went and did a little shopping.

Psalm 33:4, 15 For the word of the Lord is right, and all His work is done in truth. [The Lord] fashions [all the sons of men’s] hearts individually; He considers all their works.
Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
Memorize Psalm 33:20–22
Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, just as we hope in You.
AND
Proverbs 2:31–26
My son, let them not depart from your eyes—keep sound wisdom and discretion; so they will be life to your soul and grace to your neck. Then you will walk safely in your way, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.
  • 1:10am Python, elevator, plane, David H, other doctor, Will and Hockey, Lisa and phone calls in hotel rooms. [When I woke up at 4:05am, I wrote out the rest:

    Python: A couple ladies were trying to catch a huge snake. They finally got it.

    Elevator: I was going somewhere in an elevator. For whatever reason, I was hanging on to the outside of it—I never stepped foot inside. It was king of scary when moving because I thought I’d hit the walls of the shaft. But then I thought I’d be OK, because I’d seen someone else doing the same.

    Plane: I was in an airplane with a doctor and David H. David might have also been a doctor. Wherever we were going had something to do with the python. I kept changing seats and was climbing all over where they were sitting and talking. The doctor (who was also the pilot), was angry at David for something. They both ended up dead.

    Will and hockey: Will was in this dream, too, and his part had something to do with hockey.

    Lisa and hotel room: Lisa S and I were both staying in a hotel. She was in the room above me. I could hear her when she picked up the phone and dialed. One time, she called me, the phone rang once, and then she hung up. I knew it was her because I could hear her above me. Then she called again shortly after and I had enough time to pick it it. We talked about something, probably her races this week.

No comments: