Thursday, June 18, 2009

Volleyball

Today I stopped at the tri shop in Cool Springs to drop off the top to my ESR kit. The kit is slightly small and not my favorite, so Dan thought he could hang it up in the shop so people could see it. It really is sweet, and I wouldn't mind wearing it if it fit.

Finishing the Madeira Beach Mad Dog Tri in my Captain Hero outfit

While I was there, I met the girl who was working there, Charissa. We and Billy P. talked for a while. She seems like a really nice girl and reminded me a lot of Allison. Can I count that half-hour chat as my "doing something with someone?" Probably not, since I didn't really make the effort to do something with her.

After a little supper, I went over to the church for Inversion sand volleyball. There were a few people out, not nearly as any as have been in past years, and that was actually nice. I stayed on the "amateur" court but watched the "more-skilled" court. I sort of wanted to be over there, but two other good players had already gone, and everyone we had been playing with knew they went over there because they were better. I thought it would be best just to stay on the rookie court and have some fun. I met a bunch of new people (Emily I'd met before, but there was also Troy x2, Chris, Jonathan, Abby, Brandon, and a number of others). It was fun, hot, and dirty!

No comments: