Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rock Climbing!

Today I rode hard. Not because I had to or because I wanted to (I went in to it thinking that it would be an easy ride). Just because I wanted to I rode hard. Of course, it definitely helped that the Harpeth Bike Club 26.73-milers were riding hard too. Last week I stayed with the group for 9.5 miles. The week before, I stayed with the group for 5 miles. This week I thought I’d stay with the leaders at least 10 miles (just longer than last week) and then go from there. I ended up either staying with the leaders or falling behind and then catching up until mile 24 when I could still see them. I then caught up to Parri and Lisa C., the other two women ahead of me, and beat them (they had slowed down, but I was bent on catching them anyway and had someone behind me who I could not let catch me). Ride stats:
  • 1:19:15 total time
  • 26.73 miles
  • 20.2 MPH average
  • 38.5 MPH max
  • 1,652 calories
  • 172 HR average
  • 198 HR max
  • 1:11 until I got dropped at mile 24.24; the average up to that point was 20.3
  • 00:06:26 until I caught up to Lisa and Parri at mile 26.56; my average during those 2.32 miles was 20.5
  • 00:01:10 cool down, during which I rode 0.17 miles at a 9 MPH average
We then stood around the parking lot talking and cooling down for about 20 minutes. My HR finally came down, and because the Garmin says I moved only 411 feet, I burned approximately 4 calories. I drank 20 oz of a mix of gatorade, water, and melon Heed during the ride, had a Kid Essentials Chocolate milk for a recovery drink, and drank 20 oz of water with an egg when I got home.

We got to leave work early today because everyone else was going over to JO’s house for happy hour. I, the unsocialite, went to the Cool Springs Y. There, Rachael taught me how to use the auto-belay on the rock wall and I climbed for about 20 minutes. It was great fun! Then I stopped by the shop to pick up my new Nashville Motorsports kit. It is sweet!

Representing Nashville Motorsports (and Harpeth in the background)

No comments: