Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ugh (Toes Take 2)

Today might as well have been an off day. After my hard work yesterday, my legs just were not cooperating. I set out for my 1:30 run and made it 15 minutes before I stopped at the GJCC to walk (yes, walk) through the Nashville Holocaust Memorial. It was actually really interesting and I'd love to make it back there some day when I can actually take the time to listen to everything the little man in the box says during the self-guided tour. I then ran 15 minutes back to my car for a grand total of 30 minutes. But during my 10 minutes in the exhibit, I did a few isos—does that count for anything? Later I took a 30–45-minute walk and then stopped to talk to Nancy for 15 minutes, so I did complete 1:30 of outside time. Not the best workout, I'll admit.

I did have a focus for the run, though—not making so obvious a heel strike as I've been known to and landing on the ball of my foot rather than on the outside. That was mentally exhausting!

On the plus side, I found a fun new Sunday hobby: Couponing.

My floor after I cut out and organized all my coupons

I went out early to get the Sunday paper (note to self: Walgreens doesn't open until 9am on Sundays) and then spent some time going through the coupons to find good deals on food and anything else. My main goal this week was to find food that will feed normal people. A few highschoolers will be staying with me this weekend, and I doubt they'd be satisfied with eggs and toast, veggies and deli meat, and hamburgers and salad every day for 3 or 4 days. Today was successful to say the least. I now have full fridge and freezer, food in the pantry, and a plan for the weekend.

The coupons I used during this shopping trip

And the best part is that although I spent $74, I saved $44.35, a total of 38% savings. The WalMart grocery bill hardly counts because I'd spend that anyway, so it's more like $53.25 and 46% savings. Woot!

In other news, I finally lost my big toenail. It hung on for about 3 weeks but now I'm down to toe only. Oh, the joys of being an endurance athlete.

My nail before it fell off; the pic is from my phone because I didn't have my camera

I'll soon lose the nail on my second toe on the same foot and am trying every day to pull it off. It's not bothering me nearly as much as the first one was, but it's a pain nonetheless!

This picture is from May 12 and the other nail is the one that is currently hanging on but about to let go; although my toe is now painted, the parts around it don't look much better!

No comments: