Monday, May 11, 2009

One More Week until Mondays Are Off

We at least waited until the afternoon to work out, so I got a full 24 hours off. But next week Mondays will be entirely off.

I warned before we started that I was really going to have to focus. I didn't really want to work out but knew it would be good to do so. We did 10×30-second manual holds.
  • Lunge: vertical jump to lunge (basically, it's a squat jump--keep shins perpendicular and push hips back--as high up as you can, lifting your legs [back and front] and popping into the ground as quickly as possible) with a manual hold during each 30-second interval

  • Glute ham: no manual hold, but reps all the way to the top
  • Curl with altitude drop and light bar
  • Push up: starting with altitude drop. Ideally, you'd do the first with an altitude drop and then after each 30 seconds, you push up a little, lift your arms, and then pop back down into the ground. I struggled here and ended up sitting up and then doing an altitude drop for the last 6. And that was with a light manual hold (if any).
  • Crate crunch
I went home, got my food stuff ready for the week while watching Monk, and headed to bed. Sort of an off day, but not really...I'm really trying to take advantage of Will's being home for 3 more days.

No comments: