Friday, May 15, 2009

Swim #8 and Run

Swim #8 (10×50 @ 15 seconds, 4×100 @ 20 sec, 10×50 @ 15 sec) was on the docket for today. I got in the pool before 11:30 fully intending to complete the entire swim. But alas, God sent thunder and lightening (and later and currently rain), and I got kicked out of the pool in the middle of my 4th drill. When they close the pool, they won't reopen it until at least 30 minutes after the last time they hear thunder, and I wasn't going to sit around and wait, so I hit the trail behind the Y for a little run. 1 hour, I'm guessing around 7.5 or 8 miles, with at 45 minutes, 7.5 minutes in Z4. When I wear the HRM I rarely know whether I'm in Z4 or Z2, and when I don't wear it I really don't know. I wasn't wearing it, so I was just trying to pick up the pace.

The good news for this run was that I pretty much ran an even split: 29:25 out, and 30:35 in, but that included a run/walk for the last 0.5 miles to cool down from the Z4 part. After 15 minutes on the trail I turned onto a road. I got back to the trail at exactly 45 minutes.

No comments: