Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Trainer Record

I was supposed to have raced today, but I decided not to due to the rain that we've had over the last two days. It rained all day yesterday and was still raining this morning when I woke up. The rain didn't seal it for me, but the fact that I would have been racing with the juniors did. I was not going to risk injury for a 24-mile race with juniors and 3 other preregistered Cat IV women (2 of whom were my teammates and I know that neither of them showed up). Now, if I had gone, a win or place would have pretty much been guaranteed, but it wasn't worth it.

So instead of racing, I rode my bike on the trainer on my back porch, again. Only today was 3 times as long as yesterday. It was 3 hours, with, at 2:50, 5 minutes in Z4. Well, I couldn't just do 2:50 of nothing, so after a 20-or-so minute warmup, I set my phone to go off every 20 minutes. At that interval, I stood up for a minute and made sure to get my heart rate up. It was good because it kept me honest (otherwise I'd have just sat there reading the whole time) and it made me focus on my HR. I was probably around 130-145 for the 2:50, up around 165 for the 5, and then back to 115-130 for the final 5 minutes.

The 3-hour bike was supposed to have been followed by a quick transition and a 30-minute run, but I'm still not wearing tennies. I figure that I'll let the blisters and toes heal as much as I can so that I don't have to deal with my feet all summer.

Praying for healing!

That might be all for the day, but if Will sends me a workout, I'll do it. No workout! After church, I headed over to Farkas' to hang out with Luke and Lauren, but no one was home so I left a message and then saw and talked to Bennett as I was leaving; he said they were out with friends, so I went home and watched a little Monk.

No comments: