Saturday, May 9, 2009

Long Spin and a Little Nutrition

3.5 h ride (spin); HR around 140 the entire time except a few times up toward 180
1.5-min transition. It might have been a little shorter, but that’s when I restarted the timer. All I had to do was switch shoes and hit the road!
30-min run; 5-min run, 5-min walk, repeat; on the trail at Brentwood Y; total: 3.5 mi
Not that I was necessarily thinking about nutrition, but since I paid attention to what I ate, I’ll record it.

Food Summary
Pre-Workout breakfast at 5:45
  • Oatmeal with almonds, dark chocolate cocoa, honey and dried apricots
  • Water: 8 oz
  • Calories: 345
  • Carbohydrates: 58 g
  • Sugar: 28 g
  • Protein: 9 g
Workout consumption from 7am through 11:02am
  • Lemon Luna bar, dried apricots, almonds
  • Water: 68 oz
  • Calories: 450
  • Carbohydrates: 54 g
  • Sugar: 35 g
  • Protein: 17 g
Post-Workout consumption by 11:45
  • Protein shake, banana smoothie
  • Water: 22 oz
  • Calories: 380
  • Carbohydrates: 21 g
  • Sugar: 0 g
  • Protein: 49 g
I drank an average of ¾ of a bottle of water each hour on the bike but had about 6 oz left over when I got off. Within about 40 minutes of starting, I had some almonds and apricots. Then I ate the Luna bar sporadically and finished it by 10:30. I didn’t finish the bag of almonds and apricots but wasn’t hungry, so I just put it in my back pocket. Within 6 minutes of starting the run, I was hungry and finished the fruit then felt pretty good after that.

In other news, I decided to make today the day I did something with someone, so I headed over to Farkases. Uncle John took a look at my bike and recommended a new rear cassette, front chain rings, and a chain if I don’t get a new bike (that was his real recommendation). Lauren, Luke, Davey and I played a little Monopoly (I had to leave early for church), and I looked over the book about potty training that Aunt Renee is writing.

No comments: