Wednesday, March 2, 2011

5-Minute Lunge: Accomplished!

One of my goals for the year was to accomplish a 5-minute lunge with both legs. I started by focusing mainly on having my right leg forward but still working on both legs, and once I had that one accomplished I'd focus on having my left leg forward. Well, I have now accomplished holding a 5-minute lunge, without my knee touching the ground and without standing up, with both legs! I met the first goal of my right leg on Jan. 3 and then took some time to rest, which meant that instead of trying every day like I had from Dec. 6 through Jan. 3, I'd try only every couple days. My hip flexors needed the days off in between. And finally, today, I met the second goal of my left leg! This took about everything I had so I didn't do the workout I'd actually had with me, but I had run a little at lunch and knew I'd just worked as hard as I could have (if only for 5 + 2.5 + 5 minutes; L leg + R leg + standing ham). I left it at that and felt great. I'm thinking also that I will ride tomorrow morning easy, not worry about testing again.

No comments: