Friday, February 11, 2011

My Generous Cousin

Having family nearby is definitely a blessing. Luke let me borrow his car while he was gone at a swim meet, and I'm so grateful. Not having a car feels like losing independence. But since Luke let me borrow his car, I felt like I could maintain my independence.

My lunchtime workout seemed be a long one. It was a little longer than an hour, but I had to time to spend on it, so I did it well and did it more times through than I had in the past.

  • 1-minute lunge each leg, 50 phasic hip flexor each leg, repeat for 4 total times through
  • 1-minute GHR, 50 phasic hip extension each leg, repeat for 4 total times through
  • 1-minute push up, 50 phasic row, repeat for 4 total times through
  • 1-minute stretching (should've been scap pull up), 50 phasic front delt, repeat for 4 total times through

I had to stop to get some stuff from my car and was surprised to see that the crack in my windshield has grown exponentially. Arg!



After running a few errands and getting stuff done around the house, I sat on the trainer for an hour and watched a movie. It was a pleasant ride; I didn't wear my Garmin so I don't know how hard I really worked, but I did keep tracking my cadence (keeping it around 100 the whole time) and worked in a few sprints and 1-legged drills. Todd would've been proud, and I felt like it was a well-spent hour.

No comments: