Friday, October 1, 2010

Double Run (Or 2-a-Days)

My next big racing adventure is the Ragnar Relay, and I figured there was no better way to start preparing than to run twice in one day. I originally intended to run in the morning before work and then again right before/during lunch, but I decided to spend the morning reading and run the first one right before lunch and the next around dinner time. Plans changed, however, and though I got my 12:30 run in, my evening run became a 4pm run. My legs were feeling it during that second one!

The first was at the DHY, a good 6+ miles in about 50 minutes. I really enjoy running the trails there. A good amount of the route is in the sun, and if you do all the out-and-back sections, you can get about 8.5+ miles in without venturing more than 2.5 miles out away from the Y. Perfect for if I need an aid station or porta-potty (neither of which I needed today but both of which I've needed in the past).

The second run was with Anna at her apartment complex. We got a little later of a start than we'd intended, so we stayed within the complex and ran two loops for a total of 3.4 miles. That means that, including a few little walks I've taken to cool down after my runs, I've gotten in over 20 miles this week. That's more than I've ridden! I was thinking about racing a 5K tomorrow, but that might not happen depending on how tired I am in the morning.

For tonight's entertainment, I went over to Farkas' for dinner with the McMurrays. The food was good, and then I went inside with the kids to play Set and play on the drum. The boys were really enjoying it! (Pics to come when I can upload them.)

No comments: