Thursday, October 21, 2010

Double Day

Today's lunchtime run was nothing too special, but I did get it done: 5K on the trails at DHY, beautiful weather, lots of people on the trail, no stopping to smell the roses or be otherwise distracted, and a little faster than Monday. My legs are a bit sore, but they are not nearly as sore as I'd expected from yesterday's hard training session after 2 weeks off. I knew I was going to be sore so I just worked as hard as I could figuring I'd pay now but be stronger later.

The evening run was slightly longer (and less hilly I think) on the trails by River and Tower parks in Brentwood. It was OK, kinda slow, but pretty consistent. Then it was off to dinner at Chuy's to meet my Ragnar Relay teammates Chris, Todd, and Andrew (I already know Brad, and Craig wasn't there). It was a great meeting and the race is going to be so much fun. We worked out who's running what (allowing for some flexibility if necessary), and I will be doing 36.1 miles total! It will take approximately 1,755 minutes if we run an average of 9 minutes per mile for the entire 195 miles. What a great 29.25 hours!

No comments: