Monday, October 4, 2010

Hawaii 10

It's Ironman time, and that means Kona! I was able to work out my itinerary so that I had a layover in Phoenix; it was just long enough to get it a workout (5 on 5 off thru 40 GHR and front-foot elevated lunge, 4×3 RL, 5 on 5 off thru 40 push up and curl, 4×3 bench quick style, and 5×40@30sec rest crunch) with trainer Iron Will, eat some lunch, hike up Camelback Mountain, and jump back on the plane (almost literally—I got back to the airport at 1:15, my plane was supposed to have left at 1:55, and I still had to check in at the ticket counter plus go through security. We ended up sitting on the tarmac for an hour due to rain so I could've had a little extra time, but it was a great amount of time and a fantastic late morning.


Me and Will halfway up (that's as far as we made it, and only there because we ran up and down)

I finally made it to Kona after nearly 22 hours of traveling and was ready for bed!


Allison, Dad, me, and Mom at the airport (Aunt Robin took the picture)

No comments: