Friday, September 11, 2009

Tennis

This morning I worked a couple hours and then headed to the trails behind the Brentwood Y. I had been missing wearing the Garmin, so I put it on the for walk:
  • 01:00:00
  • 287 calories
  • 3.40 miles
  • 17:38 average
  • 93 HR
After that, I did some work on my training schedule for this next year—sitting outside was so pleasant! 01:20:00, 59 HR.

Then it was on to the fun part of the day: Tennis with Aunt Renee and Angela! We played for about 01:10:00 (1.70 miles, 40:59 pace, 104 HR [160 max], 153 calories). Angela is very good (it was obvious that she's played a lot) and ARenee is good, too. Hopefully we can play next week and I can find someone else to play with us so we can actually play a game or two (we just hit around--there was no serving or anything, but it might be better and less competitive that way).

It had been a while since I'd gone over to talk to Nancy, so I headed out to visit her. She was walking Bo, so I joined her. No Garmin, but it was probably about 1.5 miles, really slow but very nice. We always have great discussions, and she, like Will, challenges me to be better and to serve and know God more. Lots of interesting turns of conversation, and I have learned that once she leaves a topic, she rarely returns to it (even if we haven't finished the discussion). So I just leave it and go with her. It's a good mental exercise, and I love mental exercises.

No comments: