Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rollerblading

Rainbow on the ground

This week I've been reading Genesis. When I read through the story of Noah, I realized something that I don't remember noticing before: When God sends the rainbow after or during the rain, it's not merely a reminder for us a reminder of His control and providence—it's chiefly a reminder to Him of His covenant to Noah that He will never destroy the earth by flood again. First He promises this:
I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination [intent or thought] of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.
While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.
Then He gives a sign of His covenant ("Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth."):
I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.
Thank You, God, for Your promise, mercy, grace, forgiveness, and faithfulness!

Pretty much all the rubber came off the tires of my rollerblades...it made it hard to roll!

I tried to rollerblade after church, and I managed to get in a little over a mile (16:40; 1.23 mi; 13:33 pace; 123 cal; 106 HR). Fortunately I was on a path and not far from my car, because my rollerblades didn't last long. They are now in the trash.

The damage...everything that is purple should be black

I then walked a little (18:17; 1.03 mi; 17:45 pace; 86 cal; 87 HR) just so I would feel like I'd done something active (35 minutes total, and 2.26 miles). I can't wait for Tuesday!

Lovely, lovely dinner (chix and rice with salad) at Anna and Josh’s with Ben. Then I stayed for dessert with Anna and Josh, Ben, Kristen and Josh, Sara, Nancy, and Christian.

No comments: