Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mile Times

Since I did hundred times earlier, I figure I'll do a few mile times. So today I did two 1-mile intervals with a mile jog between. I don't know what my previous mile times are; the only thing I know is that my fastest 5K average is 7:09 (Firecracker 5K, 7-04-09, 22:10). My goal is do get under 6 minutes for at least 1 mile and then work up to more miles. Today's times were 7:11 and 7:06. In that order. I ran at the Brentwood Y where it's fairly flat and has tenth-of-a-mile markers. It was about 78* and super humid. I definitely have a lot of work to do to get just 1 mile down to 6 minutes. Today's times are a benchmark and will give me a starting point for the winter. The change from endurance/long distance/slow/pacing to short/sprint/fast/no pacing is going to be an uphill battle!

No comments: