Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Challenge

The sunrise this morning was amazing. I was so glad I got to enjoy it with the Lord (I was driving in my car to work, but I knew He was there with me and I knew He had orchestrated it. After work I came home for a quick walk (talking with Mom)/supper/cut veggies and then headed over to church for Bible study.

The lesson was a challenge. We were talking about the Samaritan woman at the well, and once she knew the truth about Jesus' being the Messiah, she went and told everyone in the town. I know that Jesus is the Messiah and wants everyone to know Him personally and yet I have trouble talking to even my friends about Him. The women in my group (Kristi, Yvonne, Mary, Beth, and visitor Carolyn were there, plus Tressia and Lisa weren’t there) are great (although I was having a hard time tracking with the leader—or rather, wondering where she was going to go next and how quickly; there were a lot of subject changes on her part! But we had some great discussions about the woman at the well and how part of our responsibility is to tell others about Jesus wherever we are.

No comments: