Saturday, September 12, 2009

Radnor Lake Part II

Park entrance

The pristine lake...it made me want to go skiing!

Yep, I was up pretty high...I got up to 1,109 feet according to my Garmin

Hiking up the trail

This was an off-day activity, but I couldn't have run if I'd wanted to :-(

Probably about 15 feet away

I did both...Ganier was "difficult" and Lake was "easy"

You know you're ready to get back to training when you take your Garmin GPS on a hike through nature, when you're supposed to be admiring and glorifying God and His creation and enjoying the time off. Yep, I'm ready to get back to it.
  • 1:20:06
  • 3.77 miles
  • 21:15 pace
  • 336 calories
  • 91 HR (OK, so I did take it easy)
I met someone named Geary (pronounced "Gary") on the trail. He asked was I some sort of athlete. Hah! He is a jazz guitarist who, years ago, had been working two full-time jobs while trying to make it as a musician. He decided to go for his dream, sold the material things, and is now still able to survive but doesn't have the things that the world sees as important. He said one day he just decided to go for it, and he said that I should continue pursuing my dream and go for it. I like that advice, and as long as it's in the God's will, I'm going for it!

Because I didn't have to go to the Y since I'd stopped at BFY earlier to pick up what I'd left yesterday, I went to the pool, finished figuring out my 12-week off-season plan, and then relaxed. It was hot! But, the full 12 weeks are recorded on the the computer (and backed up online) and I have a general idea about the drills; I'll either have to study those again tomorrow or Monday so I have them down.

I got all ready and headed downtown for Brad and Whitney's wedding, which Brad, having forgotten to send me an invitation, emailed me about yesterday. I didn't reply but wanted to go. Unfortunately, his email said the wedding started at 5:30, but when I arrived at 5:20 I heard the applause and the closing song. Rather than waiting around, even though I'd seen Jay's and Wade's cars and cars of other people I recognized, I left. I had wanted to go to the wedding, but I didn't want to go to the reception and wasn't going to hang around and let people try to convince me to go. So instead I went to Blue Coast to read and study the Word and little and then ran to WalMart. Fun Saturday night.

No comments: